Arcol.hu v4.0 hot-end for 3.0mm filament (works also for 1.75mm filament too).
It has been a long time since I announced v3.0.
The new features:
- - Hot-zone is completely metal.
- - high temp extrusion should be possible, like pp, hdpe, plexi, polycarbonate, nylon (hopefully, this will be confirmed within a month)
- - shorter, more compact, a comparison photo between v3.0 and v4.0:
- - easier to assemble
- - reworked nozzle
- - laping for wrenches on nozzle, on stainless steel, heatsink
- - built for easy maintenance
- - self cleaning (you can remove the hardened plastic using two wrenches:)
- - built with dual extruder in mind
- - mounting compatibility for the average/stock reprap hotends
- - 100k thermistor (which seems to be a more common preference)
For assembly instructions please read here:
Dropped compatibility for Rapman, Makerbot. A new mounting needs to be designed for these machines.
For rapman a 200k thermistor also needs to be sourced to be electrically compatible.
This is a dummy model of Arcol.hu Hot-end v3.0 to get a feeling of the actual size. A real hot-end cant be printed using plastic:)
I was quite excited about my new prototype. Interested in my findings?
As almost all my previous buyer built a heated bed controller, and at least Bogdan have built one, nophead is using his brain controller to handle the heated bed temperature. So there left no choice, but build my own;-)