Arcol.hu v4.0 hot-end for 3.0mm filament (works also for 1.75mm filament too).
It has been a long time since I announced v3.0.
The new features:
- - Hot-zone is completely metal.
- - high temp extrusion should be possible, like pp, hdpe, plexi, polycarbonate, nylon (hopefully, this will be confirmed within a month)
- - shorter, more compact, a comparison photo between v3.0 and v4.0:
- - easier to assemble
- - reworked nozzle
- - laping for wrenches on nozzle, on stainless steel, heatsink
- - built for easy maintenance
- - self cleaning (you can remove the hardened plastic using two wrenches:)
- - built with dual extruder in mind
- - mounting compatibility for the average/stock reprap hotends
- - 100k thermistor (which seems to be a more common preference)
For assembly instructions please read here:
Dropped compatibility for Rapman, Makerbot. A new mounting needs to be designed for these machines.
For rapman a 200k thermistor also needs to be sourced to be electrically compatible.