It has an awesome half circle groove which is a perfect fit for the filament.
I use a normal 608 bearing, so it fits to a Wade style filament pusher exactly, like
the Greg's accessible extruder body (thing:8252). Here is a closeup picture:
And also a picture with the hyena:
Why is it an awesome thing to have?
- It prevents filament twisting
- It is a guide in itself, Accessible Greg's extruder, needs one I believe, at least for me its needed. (accidents happen:-(
Well, this small improvement may not deserve a full campaign, like the awesome mini hyena, but still what do you think what would be an adequate price for it?
If you have a thought about pricing, or more what price is it worth for you, just put it in the comment. If we can agree on a sane pricing, I will list at that price on the webshop:)
Lets do it folks!
Im not worried about wall thickness here, it is imho pretty strong still.
If you have any other question just shoot it in the comments:)
Arcol.hu v4.0 hot-end for 3.0mm filament (works also for 1.75mm filament too).
It has been a long time since I announced v3.0.
The new features:
- - Hot-zone is completely metal.
- - high temp extrusion should be possible, like pp, hdpe, plexi, polycarbonate, nylon (hopefully, this will be confirmed within a month)
- - shorter, more compact, a comparison photo between v3.0 and v4.0:
- - easier to assemble
- - reworked nozzle
- - laping for wrenches on nozzle, on stainless steel, heatsink
- - built for easy maintenance
- - self cleaning (you can remove the hardened plastic using two wrenches:)
- - built with dual extruder in mind
- - mounting compatibility for the average/stock reprap hotends
- - 100k thermistor (which seems to be a more common preference)
For assembly instructions please read here:
Dropped compatibility for Rapman, Makerbot. A new mounting needs to be designed for these machines.
For rapman a 200k thermistor also needs to be sourced to be electrically compatible.